No plans for Memorial Day weekend? No problem
05:00 AM, May 24, 2013
1. Still up in the air over what to do during Memorial Day Weekend? Try the Red, White and Blue Balloon Rally at Letchworth State Park. The event features six mass ascensions from the park’s Archery Field Overlook (near the Castile entrance). Launches are at 6 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; 6 a.m. Monday (weather permitting). It’s free with the park’s $8 per-car entry fee. Call (585) 493-3600.
2. The Roc City Rib Fest offers lip-smackin’ fun at Ontario Beach Park from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday. Admission is $5; free for ages 11 and younger.
3. French Montana and Rocko the Don headline the Excuse My French Memorial Concert at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Main Street Armory. Tickets are $45 to $60. Call (585) 232-3221.
4. Seabreeze Amusement Park is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Admission is $22.99. Call (585) 323-1900 . Darien Lake Theme Park Resort is open from 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; 10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday. Admission is $44.99; $29.99 for seniors and children. Call (585) 599-4641.
5. The Rochester Memorial Day Parade starts at 10:30 a.m. Monday. The parade forms on East Avenue at Alexander Street, proceeds along East Avenue to the Liberty Pole on Main Street, then heads west to Plymouth Avenue.
6. The 95th PGA Championship History Exhibit: Celebrating the Champions of the Season’s Final Major, remains on display through Sept. 2 at the Rochester Museum & Science Center. The exhibit, which travels to the host city of the PGA Championship (being held Aug. 5 through 11 at Oak Hill), features artifacts and memorabilia showcasing the tradition of the PGA Championship and its past 94 Champions. Admission is $13; $12 for seniors and college students; $11 for ages 3 to 11; free for ages 2 and younger and PGA and RMSC members. Call (585) 271-1880.
7. The Rochester Red Wings will swing for the fences on Memorial Day against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs at Frontier Field. The first pitch is at 1:05 p.m. Monday; 7:05 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday; 11:05 a.m. next Thursday. (The Red Wings will also face the Charlotte Knights at 7:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 1:05 p.m. Sunday). Game day tickets are $8 to $12. Call (585) 423-9464.
8. Vocalist Steve Lippia joins the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra for a tribute to Ol’ Blue Eyes. Concerts begins at 8 p.m. Saturday in Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre. Tickets start at $22; $10 for students. Call (585) 454-2100 .