Cool stuff on DVD today: 'Help!' and more
05:00 AM, Jun 25, 2013
Want to curl up with a good film tonight? Here’s the best of what’s out there:
Release o’ the week: Help!. A fab deluxe edition of the Beatles classic arrives on Blu-ray and includes a 30-minute making-of documentary, memories from the cast and crew and more.
- Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids: The Complete Series. Hey, hey, hey! You’re gonna have a good time with this 15-disc collection.
- No. Gael Garcia Bernal stars in this acclaimed drama as a savvy ad exec hoping to change the politics of Chile in the late ’80s.
- A Place at the Table. The documentary examines hunger in America.
- Supporting Characters. Girls’ Alex Karpovsky stars in this indie romantic comedy.
- The Fartist. Brian Posehn’s delivers a fresh (if foul-sounding) standup special.
Also out: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, Shoah (Criterion), The Call, Upside Down, CSI: NY The Final Season, Masterpiece Mystery: Inspector Lewis Season Six
Blu-ray highlight: Shaun of the Dead, Paul, Scott Pilgrim and Hot Fuzz get new Blu-ray releases that come with UltraViolet and digital copies.
Related news: The fascinating Shining documentary Room 237 arrives Sept. 24.
Next week: The Venus and Serena documentary arrives.